Head of School Vacancy - Sunny Bank Primary School
The Island Learning Trust are looking to recruit an experienced Deputy or existing Head of School. We are looking for a Head of School who will be committed to the aims, values and ethos of our Trust and work in partnership with parents to ensure they are responsive to their aspirations for their children
Is it you we are looking for?
- Are you ambitious, visionary, innovative, positive and determined to make a difference for young learners?
- Are you enthusiastic and able to demonstrate an unshakeable belief in the power of connection?
- Do you demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence and have the passion, dedication and ability to continue to build on our school’s successes so far and ensure it continues along its journey of improvement.
You will be a natural leader with a proven track record of school improvement, with a passion for influencing children’s futures educationally and emotionally. Leading by example, you will ensure teachers and other staff maintain consistently high standards and expectations of what every pupil can achieve and to encourage them
‘to be the best they can be’
With a strong pedagogical knowledge and a good understanding of the primary curriculum and the ability to work collaboratively in its development, you will embrace the sharing of staff expertise, responding to the needs of the Trust and jointly find solutions.
You will possess finely tuned people skills, previous experience in leading teams effectively and have the ability to recognise and utilise key skills and strengths within their staff.
What we can offer:
- A Leadership role within a growing Multi-Academy Trust
- The support and expertise of a highly effective Trust Leadership Team
- An experienced Executive Head of School mentor
- High quality school improvement support
- A school for the future with a brand new 8 class block and Nursery provision
- A focus on CPD and career development with the Trust
Sunny Bank is situated in an area of economic challenge; the 20th most deprived school in Kent. It was placed in special measures in June 2019 and joined The Island Learning Trust in February 2020. However, with recent changes to personnel, our children are now benefitting from a strong teaching team with a committed team of professionals; Sunny Bank is now on track to be a ‘Good’ school.
Our Trust and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further details of all our current vacancies can be found on Kent Teach. If you are interested in joining our amazing team here at Sunny Bank, please take a look by clicking on the link below: